As a member of Kaleideum, your support and dedication are important to our success today and in the future. Our members always come first, and your feedback is always valued. Your membership is one way you can support Kaleideum. As a small non-profit organization, we need the support of members and visitors as we adapt to changes in our community.
Want to renew or purchase a new membership? Scroll down below for the Membership Pricing Structure.
A Kaleideum membership makes a great gift for friends and family. Memberships purchased online or by phone are available for immediate use; however, membership cards are typically mailed within a week from purchase date. If you have questions about receiving your new membership card for Kaleideum, please contact Teresa Dean, Visitor Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Benefits of Membership
- Free admission for unlimited visits
- 10% discount in the gift shop
- Discounts on Camp Kaleideum
- Discounts on birthday parties
- Free or reduced admission to more than 300 ASTC Science Centers worldwide** Please make sure you show your membership card with the ASTC/ACM sticker on it at other locations.
- 50 percent off general admission for up to six people at all museums participating in the ACM Reciprocal Program** Please make sure you show your large membership card with the ASTC/ACM sticker on it at other locations.
** Only applies to Super Membership level.
Special Benefits and Discounts
About the ACM Reciprocal Network Benefit for Family Memberships
The Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network is a voluntary group of ACM member museums open across the United States and Canada that reciprocate discounted admission to one another’s members that hold premium family memberships. There are 200 museums that participate in the network and reciprocate 50 percent off general admission for up to six (6) people. Cardholder must be present. A few notes about reciprocal admission:
- The list of museums participating in the network may change, so please call the museum you plan to visit ahead of time and to verify their participation in the ACM Reciprocal Network.
- Click here to find out more about a specific museum
About the ASTC Reciprocal Network for Family Memberships
The Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC)
As a Member of the merged museum, you will receive free or reduced admission to more than 300 science centers worldwide via the “Passport” program!
Click here to see the list of participating museums.
A few notes about reciprocal admission:
- Admission is based on the admittance policies of the participating museums.
- Only general admission to participating museums is included. This may not include special exhibits, planetarium shows, large-screen theater presentations, simulator rides, store discounts, or other discounts associated with museum membership.
- Science centers and museums located within 90 miles of each other (“as the crow flies”) are excluded from the ASTC program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. Kaleideum members do receive free admission to the following North Carolina museums located within 90 miles of Kaleideum, and their members receive free admission to Kaleideum:
- Catawba Science Center (Hickory)
- Morehead Planetarium (Chapel Hill)
- NC Transportation Museum (Spencer)
- Schiele Museum of Natural History (Gastonia)
- Kaleideum members receive 50 percent off admission to the Greensboro Science Center, and GSC members receive 50 percent off admission to Kaleideum.
- Kaleideum members do not receive discounts or free admission for Discovery Place in Charlotte, and Discovery Place members do not receive discounts or free admission to Kaleideum.
- Kaleideum members do not receive discounts or free admission for the Durham Museum of Life & Science, and the Durham Museum of Life & Science members do not receive discounts or free admission to Kaleideum.
All Kaleideum members enjoy special discounts at participating businesses!
- Adventure Landing (1600 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) Play two mini-golf courses for the price of one.
- Brixx Pizza (1295 Creekshire Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) 1 FREE kid’s meal with entrée purchase (Limit 1 free kid’s meal per visit; cannot be combined with any other offer or coupon)
- Cicis Pizza (2857 Reynolda Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27106) Free drink with buffet purchase; $5 large, one-topping pizza (carry-out); $6 large, one-topping pizza (with delivery and five pizza minimum order)
- Countryside Bowling Lanes (1005 Masten Drive, Kernersville, NC 27284) Buy 1 game, get one FREE
- Creekside Lanes (1450 Trademart Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27127) Buy 1 game, get one FREE
- Doc’s Rocks Gem Mine (129 Mystery Hill Lane, Blowing Rock, NC 28605) One free child admission with one paid adult admission to the Appalachian Fossil Museum.
- Greensboro Children’s Museum (200 North Church Street, Greensboro, NC 27401) $1 off admission for Family and Grandparent Memberships Family members receive discounted half-price admission through the ACM reciprocal program.
- Mary’s Gourmet Diner (723 Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101) 10% off total meal purchase
- North Carolina Zoo (4403 Zoo Parkway, Asheboro, NC 27205) Half-price admission at ticket gate
- Rockin’ Jump Winston-Salem (7840 North Point Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27106) $2 off regular admission.
- Rockin’ Jump Greensboro (4215 W Gate Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27407) $2 off regular admission.
- Southern Appalachian Historical Association’s Horn in the West Outdoor Drama (591 Horn in the West Drive, Boone, NC 28607) $4 off each ticket.
- Willow’s Bistro (300 S. Liberty Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101) 10 percent off total meal purchase
- Winston-Salem Dash (951 Ballpark Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27101) Show your valid membership card at the box office and receive $2 off per ticket.
- YMCA Camp Hanes (1225 Camp Hanes Rd, King, NC 27021) $50 off one week of overnight camp
Membership Pricing and Info
Super Membership*: $150
Includes up to 10 individuals, as well as reciprocal benefits with museums affiliated with ASTC (Association of Science Technology Centers) and ACM (Association of Children’s Museums)
Includes three individuals. ASTC/ACM benefits do not apply.
Includes two individuals. ASTC/ACM benefits do not apply.
Single Membership: $65
This membership is for a single adult. ASTC/ACM benefits do not apply.
Membership fees are subject to applicable NC State Sales and Use Tax.
Kaleideum Business Memberships
A Business Membership is a great opportunity to support Kaleideum while offering an enjoyable benefit to your employees.
If your company is interested in purchasing a Kaleideum Business Membership, please contact Caren Hamrah, Director of Annual Giving.
Still Not Convinced?
Learn MORE about our mission, our name, our vision and our values right here.