Summer Camp Kaleideum Registration Is Live!
Register for Camps TODAY!
Get messy, play, and learn with us all summer long at Camp Kaleideum! We offer camps at both Kaleideum Downtown and Kaleideum North from June 6-August 26. Many of the camps are part of Prism, an engineering and innovation initiative made possible by the generous support of the L. David Mounts Foundation and many other community partners. Prism encourages Pre-K through 12th grade students living and learning in greater Winston-Salem, NC, to participate in creative, inquiry-based STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) learning and exploration in an informal educational setting. In addition to the L David Mounts Foundation, Prism is supported by Collins Aerospace, Cook Medical, Corning Foundation, Piedmont Natural Gas, Siemens, and WestRock.
Spring Camp Kaleideum 2022
Spring Camp Kaleideum will be held at Kaleideum North, 400 W Hanes Mill Road, on the following days:
- Friday, March 4: Water Wonders — Investigate water and the great diversity of aquatic organisms. By exploring the water cycle in oceans, rivers, and lakes, we will learn why water is so important and how to help keep it clean!
- Monday, April 11: Meteorology Madness — Are you fascinated by hail, hurricanes, blizzards, and bolts of lightning? Join us for a storm chasing adventure guaranteed to get young minds excited about science.
- Tuesday, April 12: Bizzy Bees Presented by the L. David Mounts Foundation — Connect with nature while exploring the outdoors and learning the importance bees and other pollinators. Junior beekeepers will experiment with Bee-Bots, adventure in nature, and create some bee crafts.
- Wednesday, April 13: Ready! Set! Robot! Presented by the L. David Mounts Foundation — Get ready to explore the exciting world of robots! Experiment and play with a variety of robots while learning different types of coding.
- Thursday, April 14: Trash to Treasures — Reduce! Reuse! Reimagine recycled materials into new treasures! Learn how to help the planet and go green by repurposing recycled materials into take home crafts.
- Friday, April 15: Walk on the Wild Side — Explore the great diversity of life right here in Winston-Salem! Discover what organisms need to thrive, design your own animal habitats, and get up-close encounters with animals that live at Kaleideum.
- Monday, April 18: Rocket Power — Invent and test your own concoctions! Play like a scientist with droppers, measuring spoons, flasks, and test tubes, but watch out for fizzy, bubbly, sticky explosions!
Camps are available for school-aged children in grades K-6 and run from 9 am-4 pm. Cost is $40 per day for members; $45 per day for non-members. Before- and after-care are available.
Learn more about drop off and pick up procedures, what to bring to camp, safety protocols, and more in our Caregiver Letter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my child need to wear a mask during Camp?
- Campers are required to wear a mask indoors. Should conditions improve and health guidelines change, Kaleideum may re-evaluate this policy. Information will be posted on this page and will be sent out to registered campers if there is a change to the camper mask policy.
- Staff will wear masks except when eating and drinking or engaging in outdoor activities unless they are not able to maintain a safe physical distance from campers.
- Museum guests wear masks when they are indoors.
What are your sanitation and safety protocols?
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our campers, guests, staff, and animals. Long before Coronavirus appeared, Kaleideum prioritized keeping the Museums clean and disinfected. We will continue to meet the highest standards of our cleaning protocol, which includes disinfecting our facilities, exhibits, and exhibit props daily with an EPA approved, hospital-grade disinfectant proven to kill COVID-19. Kaleideum staff follow basic hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing and using alcohol-based sanitizers. Kaleideum staff received training on COVID-19 response through the Workforce Restart program. Campers will learn and practice proper hand washing techniques. There is a sink in each classroom. Kaleideum staff will have their temperature taken and will a answer a series of health questions before they are permitted to begin their shift.
After-Care from 4-5:30 pm
Snacks and Lunch
Full-day Campers should bring two snacks, lunch, and a water bottle.
Half-day Campers during summer months should bring one snack, lunch, and a water bottle.
As a safety precaution due to COVID-19, water fountains will be turned off.
Please label your child’s personal items with their first and last name.
Please send your child in clothing that is comfortable for indoor and outdoor, hands-on, messy activities. Closed shoes with socks are preferred. Please, NO flip-flops.
HALF DAY CAMPERS: Just in case, please send a labeled bag with an extra set of clothing for your child.