Festive Family Friday, sponsored by Spangler, Rohlfing & Lambert Pediatric Dentistry and My Office Products, is a festive, fun, music-filled holiday tradition at Kaleideum North. Due to inclement weather, this year’s event has been rescheduled for Friday, December 15.
Kaleideum North is dressed in its seasonal best for this event, and every nook and cranny is filled with the holiday spirit!
- Listen to live music performed by choral and instrumental ensembles from the UNC School of the Arts Community Music School, RJ Reynolds High School, and Twin City Tuba.
- Meet and greet Digger the Tortoise (dressed up for the holidays), one of our snakes, the bearded dragon, and a furry friend in Animal Zone. Make your own bag of magical reindeer food. And please bring a gift for Kaleideum’s animals: unsalted nuts, guinea pig food, peanut butter, or sardines.
- Make a “Shellebration” ornament for your tree and a Santa beard for your selfie when you participate in seasonally-themed maker activities and crafts.
- Catch a Mannheim Steamroller holiday laser show in the Planetarium.
- Let your imagination soar with the “Night & Day” Puppet Show performed by Kaleideum Teaching Artists.
- Experience insta-snow, magic metal, and dry ice science demonstrations.
- Shop for gifts in the SciShop, which will offer a 20 percent discount on purchases totaling $10 or more. You can also purchase a gift certificate for Kaleideum Summer Camp – at a 15 percent discount.
- Give Santa your wish list and have your picture taken by Hearts & Arrows Photography. There will be the opportunity to purchase a print on site.
- Take part in games and giveaways with Cash Lovell Stables & Riding Academy.
- Visit with seasonal and superhero characters, including Batman, Tooth Fairy, and more!
CiCi’s Pizza and Cams Coffee Creations will be on site for dinner and drink purchases.
Admission for Festive Family Friday is $3 per person for ages 1 and up, members and non-members. This event is a fundraiser for the Museum, so coupons or other discounts are not accepted on this evening.
Don't Miss It!
Festive Family Friday
Friday, December 15
400 W Hanes Mill Road