What happens when you mix science with Santa Claus? Why, it’s Festive Family Friday at SciWorks, of course!
Don’t miss this annual family event on December 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. The best part? Admission to Festive Family Friday is just $1; and SciWorks members are free!
“Festive Family Friday is one of the ways SciWorks gives back to the community,” says Paul Kortenaar, SciWorks’ Executive Director. “We hope everyone will come out this year and engage in everything from making ‘snow’ and animal ornaments to seeing Santa and exploring the ‘Take Flight’ exhibit.”
The evening’s fun includes:
- Holiday music from Piedmont Wind Quintet, Suzuki Guitar Ensemble, Sharon Fogerty Student Flute Choir and the Twin City Tuba Ensemble.
- Entertainment in the Traveling Exhibit Hall by Monkey Hooper (hula hoops) and D.J. Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba!
Entertainment in the Auditorium by the Spring Theatre Glee Group and the Spring Dance Junior Performers, performing excerpts from The Nutcracker
- Visit with Santa Claus in BioWorks.
- Holiday Planetarium Shows including the Mannheim Steamroller Laser Show and “The Alien Who Stole Christmas.”
- An “Animal Zone” in the Lecture Hall. Meet some of SciWorks’ animals, make an animal ornament and gather “magic” reindeer food for Rudolph’s big night! You’ll also be able to “Adopt-an-Animal” as a holiday gift or in honor of someone you love.
- Roaming special guests such as Elmo, the Chick-fil-A Cow and Bolt from The Dash.
- Games and prizes by Chick-fil-A.
- Light refreshments courtesy of Chick-fil-A and Dewey’s Bakery.
Families can purchase dinner at SciWorks from CiCi’s Pizza that evening. In addition, there will be a 20 percent discount in the SciShop, so you can do some holiday shopping.
And don’t forget about MEMBERSHIPS! If you purchase or renew a membership during Festive Family Friday, you will be entered in a drawing to get your membership for FREE! (SciWorks memberships make ideal holiday gifts!)
Don’t miss all the Festive Fun!
December 13, 4 to 8 p.m.
Visit www.sciworks.org or call 767-6730 for more information.
Special thank you to Chick-fil-A at Stanleyville, Dewey’s Bakery and Primo Water for supporting
Festive Family Friday with their gifts-in-kind.