Kaleideum is celebrating the holidays with a special weekend of wonder! Enjoy old favorites like Festive Family Friday and new experiences like Holidays around the World and Breakfast with Santa. (Remember, Santa has a big job with many helpers, and there will be a few at Kaleideum.) Everyone’s favorite — IceVenture! — will be ready for skating in the Great Hall, and there will be plenty more festive fun during the weekend!
Friday, December 10, 6-9 pm
$5 per person: members and non-members
- Dance with DJ Hek Yeh as he’s spinning tunes in Mountains to Sea.
- Make reindeer food.
- Meet the Grinch, Nanook, Olaf, and more!
- Create Jingle Bell Ornaments and Gingerbread Men.
- Get messy with Insta Snow and Oobleck.
- Shop a Local Artist Showcase while the children have fun.
- Have dinner at the museum … CiCi’s Pizza will be on site selling pizza, dessert, and drinks.
- Cost: $5 per person for members and non-members.
Saturday, December 11, 9 am-Noon
$10 per person members; $12 per person non-members. Price includes museum admission
Have a delicious breakfast and spend some time with the jolly man in red … a photo with Santa is included. KevMark Catering is bringing a breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, fruit, sweet treats, juice, and coffee for all event participants.
- Visit one (or two) Santas and sing, listen to a story, and take a photo with a professional photographer. We’ll email a special digital keepsake photo to you.
- Meet and greet a couple of elves, provided by Spring Theatre.
- Create a 3-D Snowflake Ornament and/or a Handprint Santa to hang on your tree.
- Make your own Santa beard. Then you can play Santa yourself!
- Cost: $10 per person for members; $12 per person for non-members. Museum admission IS included in this price.
Holidays Around the World
Saturday, December 11, 1-4 pm
Included with regular admission/membership
Take a trip around the world as you explore different traditions and crafts. Listen to stories from a Kwanzaa storyteller, and participate in holiday singalongs with carolers from Spring Theatre.
Sunday, December 12, 1-3 pm
$3 per kit for members; $5 per kit for non-members. Museum admission is NOT included in this price.
The elves need some help! Assemble and decorate your own toy or holiday cookie house.