Make your own mini umbrella to use during pretend play on rainy days!
- Paper plate (large or small)
- Pipe cleaner or bendy straw
- Decorate paper plate with markers, crayons, stickers, anything! *Be sure to decorate the outside of the plate as this is part you’ll see on the umbrella (the side you would set on the table, NOT the side you would fill if using plate for food).
- With scissors, cut four equally spaced slits in plate, but don’t cut all the way through to the center.
- Overlap the cut edges of the plate slightly and tape down to make a cone shape. (A cone is just like a triangle!)
- Tape a pipe cleaner, straw, or popsicle stick to the inside of your umbrella to create a handle.
Stay dry in the rain!