This Saturday, help SciWorks celebrate our 50th Anniversary year!
In 1964, a small nature center opened in a re-purposed building in Reynolda Village. Since then we’ve grown a LOT (and changed name and location), but our mission to educate and entertain remains the same.
Join us for “If You Build It, They Will Come,” the first of several 50th Anniversary Fun Days as we celebrate five decades yea of informal scientific learning in a hands-on, interactive setting. Try your hand at building in our “Tech City” exhibit and check out other special engineering stations. There will be face painting, a 50-cent raffle and anniversary cake at 2 pm!
Here’s a few of our special engineering stations:
- Float a Boat
- Egg Bungee
- Puff Mobile
- Egg Freefall
- Paper Skyscraper
We’ll be giving away prizes in our 50-cent raffle (buy three raffle tickets for $1):
- Wake Forest University/Boston College football tickets
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza gift card
- Bagel Station gift card
- One Butterfly Adoption (including two free passes to SciWorks for the day of the Butterfly Release)
- Two passes to the September rock laser shows
- Toy gliders
- Stuffed animals
- Dino package from the SciShop
- Space package from the SciShop
- Family pass to “Trick-or-Treat at SciWorks,”
The ‘If You Build It, They Will Come” 50th Anniversary Fun Day is Saturday, July 26, 1 to 4 pm.
Click here to read more about SciWorks’ beginning and see some pictures from the early days.