What happens when you mix a little Science and Santa, add a dash of the arts and a dollop of plain old fun? Why Festive Family Friday, of course!
Festive Family Friday, sponsored by Spangler, Rohlfing & Lambert Pediatric Dentistry and Publix Supermarket Charities, is a music- and discovery-filled holiday tradition at Kaleideum North. This year’s event is Friday, December 13, from 4:30-8:30 pm.
Kaleideum North will be dressed in its seasonal best for this event, and every nook and cranny is filled with the holiday spirit!
For a deeply discounted admission rate, you’ll:
- Listen to music performed by choral and instrumental ensembles, including Twin City Tuba and orchestras from Forsyth Country Day School and RJ Reynolds High School.
- Experience LIVE Science with “Holiday Hunger Games” in the auditorium.
- Create an upcycled ornament and make special reindeer food for Santa’s reindeer.
- Meet one of Kaleideum’s resident animals up close.
- Catch a Mannheim Steamroller laser show in the Planetarium.
- Let your imagination soar with a performance by Edge Performing Arts.
- Experience Insta-Snow®, holiday slime, and snow-dough in a Sensory Friendly Play Lab.
- Play with shadow puppets and a large cardboard sleigh.
- Shop for gifts in the Gift Shop, which will offer a 20 percent discount on purchases totaling $10 or more.
- Give Santa your wish list and have your picture taken with the Big Guy.
- Play and learn with an energetic and loveable “Blippi,” who will help kids see the Museum in new and unexpected ways!
CiCi’s Pizza and Cam’s Coffee Company will be on site for dinner and drink purchases. Admission for Festive Family Friday is only $3 per person for ages 1 and up, members and non-members.
Festive Family Friday attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase a new Family Membership or renew an expired one for $25 off the regular price! ($125 vs. $150)
Kaleideum North is located at 400 W. Hanes Mill Road in Winston-Salem. Avoid the lines … get your tickets online!