Here’s a fun outside art activity for a beautiful day!
Bubble solution, bubble wand or drinking straw, cups, food coloring, paper
- Pour bubble solution into cups and add 1-2 drops of food coloring. If you don’t have bubble solution, you can make your own by mixing about 1 teaspoon of dish soap in an inch of water!
- Using the bubble wand or a drinking straw, stir bubble solution and food coloring until the color is well mixed.
- Here comes the messy part, so be sure to do this project somewhere you can easily clean up (outside or on a countertop work great!) Lay your paper flat on your work surface.
- Dip the bubble wand or straw in the bubble mixture, and then lean over your paper and carefully blow a bubble. The paper will catch the bubbles and any extra drips. Watch what happens when the bubbles pop! Repeat with other colors or until you fill the paper.
- Note: If you don’t have any paper, try this activity outside on a driveway or pavement! And even if you don’t have food coloring on hand, experiment with making your own bubble solution to blow homemade bubbles!