You either love them or you hate them, but marshmallow Peeps are quite likely to show up in a basket around this time of year. What to do with all those resilient chicks and bunnies once they get stale? (Back in the 90s, the joke was these sugary confections were nearly indestructible!) We can think of only one thing …
Experiment on Peeps in the name of science!
Here, we have links to the many Mom blogs and Kid Science blogs that are playing around with Peeps. Imagine the possibilities — Peeps are a mixture of gelatin and sugar with millions of tiny air pockets. Our favorite is watching what happens to Peeps in a Vaccum!
- The Dissolving Peeps Experiment
- Peep Science Experiments for Kids
- Growing and Shrinking Marshmallows
- What Happens when You Throw a Peep Out an Airlock?
- Peeps in a Vacuum Chamber
Watch this video of Carl Nelson with Imagination Station in Ohio.