What happens when you mix a little Science and Santa, add a dash of arts and crafts, and a dollop of plain old fun? Why Festive Family Friday, of course!
Festive Family Friday, sponsored by Linville Team Partners, is a music- and discovery-filled holiday tradition at Kaleideum North. This year’s event is Friday, December 9, from 6-9 pm.
Kaleideum North will be dressed in its seasonal best for this event, and every nook and cranny is filled with the holiday spirit.
For a deeply discounted admission rate, visitors can:
- Give Santa your wish list and take your picture — there will be TWO in the museum!
- Listen to live music from Twin City Tuba.
- Make a magical treat for Santa’s reindeer.
- Catch a holiday laser show in the Planetarium.
- Experience insta-snow, holiday slime, and sensory bins in a Sensory Friendly Play Space.
- Shop for gifts in the Gift Shop, which will offer a 20 percent discount on purchases totaling $10 or more.
- Explore some winter wonders with an up-close look through Kaleideum’s Zoomy Microscopes
- Engineer a sleigh with reindeer to display for the holidays.
- Build and decorate dreidels to play thetraditional Hanukkah game.
- Create your own parol, a Filipino ornamental lantern, and poinsettia, a festive flower native to Mexico.
- Purchase and decorate a customized wooden ornament by JK Woodworked Creations.
- Purchase a membership for your family or as a gift for 10 percent off the regular price!
From 5 to 6 pm, Kaleideum will have an Exceptional Hour in which children and adults with intellectual, developmental, and physical disabilities can enjoy Festive Family Friday in a less crowded museum environment. In addition, there will be a sensory-friendly Sky Tour in the planetarium at 5:30 pm.
CiCi’s Pizza will be on site for dinner and drink purchases. Tickets are $5 per person online, $7 at the door. The $3 Museums for All price is available at the Welcome Desk the night of the event.